About ASCD Affiliates
Located in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, and East Asia, ASCD affiliates are separate education organizations that work collaboratively as part of the ASCD community to foster common values and goals essential to the way educators learn, teach, and lead. Affiliates influence education policy and provide a forum for the exchange of quality education practices.
Membership in ASCD and its affiliates is separate. You may belong to ASCD; you may belong to an affiliate; or you may belong to both. But if you are an ASCD member, you are not automatically a member of your local affiliate. However, all ASCD members are encouraged to join an affiliate.
Through affiliate membership, you have the opportunity to explore state and local education issues, hone your leadership skills, and participate in professional development opportunities.
Learn More About ASCD Affiliates
- Interested in joining an ASCD affiliate? Consult the Affiliate Directory for contact information and contact your local affiliate directly.
- Questions? Get answers in the Affiliate FAQ.
- Looking to interact with other affiliate leaders? Connect on the ASCD EDge® social networking group.
- Want to speak out on education policy issues? Become an Educator Advocate.
- Interested in transitioning from a connected community to an affiliate? ASCD Connected Communities can become an affiliate after one year. Contact us to find out how.