ASCD is governed by a 10-member Board of Directors, which meets three times a year and is chaired by the association's president.
Elections for ASCD offices are contested, and no campaigning is allowed. A balanced slate of diverse, qualified candidates is selected annually by the Nominations Committee, and those elected serve staggered terms.
Members of the 2015–16 ASCD Nominations Committee selected the following ASCD members to the slate of candidates for the 2016 General Membership Election:
- Phillip Caposey, Superintendent, Meridian Community Unit SD 223, Stillman Valley, IL
- Ember Conley, Superintendent, Park City SD, Park City, UT
- Lou Howell, Executive Director, Iowa ASCD, Urbandale, IA
- Melanie Kay-Wyatt, Principal, Fredericksburg City Schools, Fredericksburg, VA
- Thomas Tramaglini, Chief Academic Officer, Keansburg SD, Tinton Fall, NJ
Information on the candidates, including a candidate video, will be featured on this page in early February 2016. Vote to elect two new Board members from this list during the 2016 General Membership Election, March 15–April 30.
Copies of ASCD's Internal Revenue Service Form 990 Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax (IRS 990) are available on the GuideStar website.